September 08, 2016
Mix on the move: WeDJ has landed – iPad app for easy DJ performances wherever you go
We’re releasing WeDJ, a DJ performance app that makes it easy for anyone to start mixing music on an iPad. Using the colourful animated interface, you can control the tracks in your iTunes playlists and use a variety of features and FX to add creativity to your sets. By plugging your iPad into speakers, you can DJ at parties, or you can use your headphones for practising wherever you go.
It’s easy to start mixing on the intuitive app, which looks like a two-channel hardware set-up with waveforms, jog wheels, play/cue buttons, tempo sliders and a crossfader. You can use the Sync button to get your tracks perfectly in time and Auto Gain to automatically set the volume to the right level, leaving you free to use the performance features including Hot Cues, loops, Pad FX and Combo FX to make your mix unique. There’s even an Automix feature, which seamlessly mixes in the next track before the end of the track that’s playing. And to take your WeDJ performances to the next level, you can connect the new DDJ-WeGO4 controller for tactile control of the app’s features.
WeDJ is available in the App Store at an introductory price of $2.99 until 30th September 2016, and will be available at the regular price of $4.99 from 1st October 2016.
KEY FEATURES OF WeDJ
- Colourful animated user interface for intuitive control
The display’s colourful, intuitive layout gives you visual feedback, making it easy to learn the basics of DJing and transition to using hardware including controllers. See the controls and jog wheels react as you adjust the tempo, scratch tracks and tweak EQs. The colour of the waveforms and jog wheels change according to the colour of the album cover image, so you can easily keep track of what’s on each deck.
- Performance features for endless creativity
Make your sets unique with WeDJ’s Hot Cues, loops and sampler. You can trigger Pad FX by pressing down on the pads, and with Combo FX you can blend two effects by tracing your finger on the x and y axes on the display. Two of these features can be displayed at the same time on each deck, so you can create different sounds without switching performance panels.
- DDJ-WeGO4 support for tactile control
The new DDJ-WeGO4 controller is the ideal partner to WeDJ. When connected, the WeDJ display changes to a dedicated interface that’s optimised for use with the hardware. You can enjoy tactile control of WeDJ’s features by touching the DDJ-WeGO4’s jog wheels, faders and knobs. Everything you control, as well as waveforms and track information, will be shown on your iPad’s screen.
- Flexible layout
Choose the layout you like best from the three options:
- Two jog wheels
- Enlarged horizontal waveforms
- Enlarged vertical waveforms
- Other features
- Automix – Press the Automix button and WeDJ will automatically mix in the next track before the end of the track that’s playing
- Record – Capture your performances within the WeDJ app
- On-board Loopmasters samples
WeDJ system requirements
||iOS 8 or later
||9.7-inch iPad Pro, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad Air 2, iPad Air
- iPad is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. in the US and other countries.
- iOS is a trademark containing Cisco trademark signs in the US and other countries.
- Other stated company names, product names, technology names, etc. are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.