24 November, 2016
WeDJ for iPhone is coming - Additional version of DJ performance app optimised for iPhone
Today, we’ve released WeDJ for iPhone, an additional version of our DJ performance app that lets you mix and add effects to the music in your iTunes library. Specially optimised for use on your iPhone, the app lets you mix anytime, anywhere.
WeDJ for iPhone has all the same features as the iPad version of the app. The colourful animated interface displays all the information and controls you need to perform seamless mixes, and the colours of the waveforms and jog wheels change to match the colours of album cover images so you can easily keep track of what’s on each deck. You can use the Sync button to get your tracks perfectly in time and Auto Gain to automatically set the volume to the right level, leaving you free to use the performance features including Hot Cues, loops, Pad FX and Combo FX to make your mix unique. The app’s layout is optimised for the iPhone’s display, and you can connect the DDJ-WeGO4 or WeGO3 controller to get tactile control over all of WeDJ’s features.
SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICE
- WeDJ is available in the App Store for free until December 5, 2016. From then on, the app will be available at the regular price of £0.89.
- WeDJ for iPad is available in the App Store for £2.49 until December 5, 2016. From then on, it will be available for the regular price of £4.29.
KEY FEATURES OF WeDJ for iPhone
- Simple user interface for easy control
It’s easy to see what’s happening and control your mix thanks to the simple interface that’s optimised for the iPhone’s screen.
- Performance features for endless creativity
Make your sets unique with WeDJ’s Hot Cues, loops and sampler. You can trigger Pad FX by pressing down on the pads and, with Combo FX, you can blend 2 effects by tracing your finger on the x and y axes on the display.
- DDJ-WeGO4/WeGO3 support for tactile control
Both the DDJ-WeGO4 and DDJ-WeGO3 controllers make the ideal partner for WeDJ. When connected, the WeDJ display changes to a dedicated interface that’s optimised for use with the hardware. You can enjoy tactile control of WeDJ’s features by touching the DDJ’s jog wheels, faders and knobs. Detailed information, such as the FX you’ve triggered, is shown on your iPhone’s screen.
- Flexible layout
Choose the layout you like best from the three options:
- 2 jog wheels
- Enlarged horizontal waveforms
- Enlarged vertical waveforms
- Other features
- Automix – Press the Automix button and WeDJ will automatically mix in the next track before the end of the track that’s playing
- Record – Capture your performances within the WeDJ app
- On-board Loopmasters samples
WeDJ SYSEM REQUIREMENTS
| OS (ios)
||iOS 8 or later
||iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s
||9.7-inch iPad Pro, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad Air 2, iPad Air